I am Esther and I am proud to tell you that I am a creator. But through valuable experiences of all kinds I’ve learned that creating new things is based on four simple needs:
- You have to know how to listen to the people you’re creating for and use that information in the right way
- You have to add your expertise and a dose of willfulness
- You must want to learn, learn, learn and therefore you have to make mistakes
- You have to believe in what you’re doing
I wake up every morning to practice this.
I am gifted with the ability to think in solutions. My parents gave me my determination: stand for what you’re doing, don’t give up, don’t walk away from an unfinished job. And I taught myself to always make things surprising, remarkable and something to remember.
I am schooled as a marketer. But my personality and my experiences have both you and me so much more to offer.
- 2017 — ESL Business English
- 2011 — Project Management Training
- 2009 — 2010 Marketing Training Saxion
- 2003 — 2007 Bachelor Marketing Management
- 2006 — 2007 Minor Arts and Culture
- 1997 — 2003 HAVO (pre-academic high school)
|Dutch||1 2 3 4 5|
|English||1 2 3 4 5|
|German||1 2 3 4 5|
|French||1 2 3 4 5|
2017 — now Owner of Hooplakay LTD
I worked remotely as a growth hacking consultant for several companies in the Netherlands, including:
- a seven month growth hacking assignment (agile) to realize more downloads and a more active user base for the app Before you leave from Coöperatie DELA
- development of a webbased application for funeral directors to book a cremation online for USP Netherlands
2011 — 2017 Concept Developer — Coöperatie DELA
As a concept developer it was my job to create new products and services for Coöperatie DELA, 'one of the biggest insurance companies in the Netherlands with over 3,000,000 members, specialized in funeral insurance and providing funerals. In a small team we developed new products based on evidence: in ten weeks from a sticky note to a prototype with a business case using the agile work method. With testwebsites, Facebook advertisements and interviews we collected as much data as possible to prove the value of an idea.
- Implemented a companywide vision about what it means for our customers that we are a cooperation instead of a commercial organization
- I was responsible for a pilot to help start-ups to live up to their dreams
- Implemented a companywide online forum
- Created and implemented a service for the 3 million members of the company where they could get help with questions about living wills and other juridical documents
- I was in the lead to reach the goals we had as a team
- Marketing communication: developing the website for this service including the content and being responsible for SEA and SEO
- I set up a network of notaries that were affiliated with our company so our members were able to arrange their juridical documents for a good price
I am very proud of the concept for a mobile app I’ve developed at DELA. This app helps people to have conversations about things that matter with a family member or friend who is terminally ill.
2014 — 2016 Columnist — “Uit in Eindhoven”, cultural newspaper
Together with the chief editor I’ve developed a concept to create in depth articles in cooperation with all the cultural partners in the city. Every month I had a conversation with a general manager, an employer or somebody related to a cultural organization. After that I wrote this person a letter and he or she wrote a letter back to me. Both letters were published in the newspaper, with a circulation of 45.000 copies monthly.
2008 — 2011 Marketeer — Library of Eindhoven
It was my responsibility to increase the number of adult members of the library . We believed that the library was more than a ‘book factory’ where books just leave and come back. To make this change I did the following:
- Wrote and implemented a strategic marketing plan
- Managed marketing budgets
- Responsible for targets: number of adult members, number of library visitors, book loans, activities and online results (page views, visitors, social media use)
- Managed communication specialists, front office and back office employees
- Organized programs (150 a year) with lectures and other activities; from meet ups with famous Dutch writers to lectures about stress by doctors from the local hospital.
2007 — 2008 Recruiter — Randstad
I was responsible for a small branch with one other co-worker. It felt like we were running our own little company. Together we were responsible for a number of people who were working for us, and for making the monthly revenue target.
I am a person who can see beauty in a lot of little things. Most of the times in experiences. I can say that I am an explorer in a way. I am fascinated by art and I can get lost in surrealistic paintings. I love traveling to come in contact with people from all different cultures to observe the way they live. I also enjoy the overwhelming beauty of nature.
Traveling through China, Cambodia, Japan, Vietnam, Russia, the United States, Jordan and a lot of European countries gave me the insight to be patient and to be satisfied with everything I have. I get inspired by weird stuff. I love Alice in Wonderland, literature, getting enriched in museums, hiking in the woods. Wanderlust. That’s what it is.